Remote Conferencing Elementary
Remote Conferencing Overview
Remote Conferencing Time & Link:
All Elementary Campuses: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
LEAs may temporarily offer remote conferencing for students who meet key criteria related to medical conditions.
- Instruction must be provided synchronously, which means two-way, real-time/live virtual instruction between teachers and students.
- The instruction cannot be concurrent, which means remote students must not be taught by a teacher who is also teaching in-person students at the same time.
- Remote conferencing is allowable for up to a maximum of 20 instructional days over the entirety of the school year.
- Remote Conferencing must occur 4 hours each day.
Remote Conference Criteria
To qualify for Remote Conferencing, the below requirements must be met:
- The student is unable to attend school because of a temporary medical condition.
- The total amount of remote conferencing instruction does not exceed more than 20 instructional days over the entirety of the school year.
In addition, one of the following requirements also must be met:
- The student’s temporary medical condition is documented by a physician licensed to practice in the United States.
- The documentation must include a statement from the physician that the student is to remain confined to their home or a hospital.
- The student has a positive test result for a communicable condition listed in 25 TAC §97.7.
- The student has been identified as having been in close contact with COVID-19 (COVID test required as supporting documentation).