• Image result for student enrollment images

    • Parent Identification (Valid Photo ID, Passport, Matricula)
    • Birth Certificate OR (Adoption Records)
    • Child's Immunization Records (Validated by a physician's signature or stamp; current immunization requirements)
    • Child not living with parent (provide court document or power of attorney (signed by parent /guardian and notarized)
    • Child's Social Security Number
    • Divorced- Custodial Documentation
    • Elementary and Secondary- Final Report Card
    • High School- Transcript
    • Proof of Residency (current utility bill, lease agreement, contract showing name, date and address)

    If you are living with someone who is a resident, the resident must complete a Statement of Residence form and bring ID and current utility bill. This form is available when you register. Falsification of information by parent(s)/guardian(s) may be punishable under the TEXAS PENAL CODE, CHAP. 37, SEC. 37.10.


    Issues of who may enroll withdraw, or pick-up the child will require an in-depth analysis of the rights, privileges, duties, and powers of each parent and/or legal guardian with respect to each child. Legal documentation is required to establish such rights when parents are divorced and/or rights of parents have been modified or restricted for educational purposes.


    To be authorized to enroll a child, the person must be a biological or adoptive parent or the child’s legal guardian. In situations where only one parent is on the child’s birth certificate, only that person can enroll or withdraw the child or can authorize another individual to enroll or withdraw the child by power of attorney. A person claiming to be the biological parent of a child, but who is not on the birth certificate and who has no legal order naming the individual as a legal parent, is not entitled to either enroll or withdraw the child. A biological parent without recognized rights should establish his or her parental rights through the family court system.

    The school enrollment form is a form used by the school district to gather pertinent about the student. However, the enrollment form does not determine the parental relationship. One of the most common situations involves one parent either requesting the school to not include information about the other parent on the enrollment form or simply refusing to provide the school with the other parent’s contact information. Texas Family Code, Section 153.073 specifically grants non-custodial parents the right to be designated on the child's records as a person to be notified in case of an emergency. This means that if one parent does not want the other parent’s information noted on the enrollment form, the school district cannot honor this request without a court order.

    Participation in School Activities

    While all parents (unless restricted by court order) have the right to participate in school activities, such participation must be consistent with school policy and procedure. While the District does welcome parents to be partners in the education process, it is imperative the integrity of instruction is preserved and disruptions to the learning environment are minimized. As such, an invitation is generally extended for specific school events and activities where parents can fully participate with their students. The school campus will not be used as a visitation site and as such, the campus principal will exercise discretion in granting requests for participation of attendance on campus. Further, unless required by court order, the school district has no obligation to inform one parent that the other parent has been on campus. Please do not ask that school staff report any participation in school activities by one parent to another parent.

    Parent-Teacher Conferences

    Each parent (unless restricted by court order) has the right to consult with their child’s teacher regarding educational issues. All teachers have a conference period where appointments may be scheduled to meet with parents or visit by telephone. Please do not ask your child’s teacher NOT to talk with the child’s other parent. Unless restricted by court order, the teacher will respond to inquiries of both parents. Further, unless required by court order, the school district has no obligation to inform one parent that the other parent has consulted with the child’s teacher. Please do not ask that our educators report parent contact or communication.

    Periods of Possession

    The district’s general rule is that students are released only to those individuals identified on the emergency contact form or upon written directive by a judge. Please do not be offended if we ask for identification prior to release. If the order allows for a parent to designate another competent adult to retrieve their child from school, such designation must be in writing and signed by the parent. The school district will not alter bus routes to transport students during times of possession, unless required to do so by the court order. Please do not ask that your child ride a different bus during times of possession.

     Access to Records

    When faced with question concerning a student’s education records, FERPA will apply. FERPA is the federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. Parents have the right to inspect and review the student's education records maintained by the school. FERPA defines a parent as “a guardian, natural parent, or an individual acting as a parent in the absence of a parent or a guardian.” When a student with disability is involved, you must follow the requirements of the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). According to IDEA, a parent is (1) a natural or adoptive parent; (2) a guardian, but not the State if the child is a ward of the State; (3) a person acting in the place of a parent under a power-of-attorney, such as a grandparent or step-parent with whom the child lives or a person who is legally responsible for the child’s welfare; or (4) a surrogate parent who has been appointed in accordance with IDEA regulations. In some cases, a foster parent may act as the parent of a child with a disability.

    Each parent (unless restricted by court order) has the right to access educational records of their child. Upon request, copies of records will be provided. Please do not ask that we deny requests by mom/dad for your child’s report card or other records. Unless restricted by court order, the district will provide access equally to both parents. Unless required by court order, the school district has no obligation to inform one parent that the other parent has requested education records. Please do not ask that we report requests for records.


    To ensure the safety of students and avoid potential conflicts, the district prefers if the parent who enrolls the student is the parent who withdraws the child. When the parent who did not enroll the child comes to the school to withdraw the student, campus officials will provide a courtesy call to the enrolling parent to determine if there is any current order on file restricting the rights of the parent. The parent seeking to withdraw student must present a birth certificate or other legal order to establish the parent-child relationship and his or her rights. Other essential information will be required from the parent before releasing the child, including copy of a valid government issued photo id, current address, home/work number, and the name and address of the school where the child will be enrolled so that education records may be sent.