The mission of Everman ISD district libraries is to encourage reading for information and pleasure, to support the curricular goals of the district, and to teach research skills in preparation for the 21st century.
The Standards for the 21st Century Learner (published by the American Association of Librarians) forms the core of the Garland ISD library program.
- Reading is a window to the world.
- Inquiry provides a framework for learning.
- Ethical behavior in the use of information must be taught.
- Technological skills are crucial to future employment needs.
- Equitable access is a key component for education.
Learners use skills, resources and tools to
- Inquire, think critically, and gain knowledge.
- Draw conclusions, make informed decisions, apply knowledge to new situations, and create new knowledge.
- Share knowledge and participate ethically and productively as members of our democratic society.
- Pursue personal and aesthetic grow
Online Resources- Contact school librarian for access information.